Welcome to part 2 of our articles on Animal Welfare! The theme this time is "Shelter Cats". You can find out more about these articles at the bottom, but before that...
If you want to help homeless animals, there are lots of ways to do so:
1. You can volunteer at your local shelter (seriously, they need all the help they can get!). 2. Most, if not all, animal welfare organizations are NON-profit, which means they all rely on donations to continue their work. Find which way to donate fits your income best (you can subscribe to monthly donations of small sums for some organizations).
3. If you can't afford to adopt a shelter animal, there's usually the option to foster it for an indefinite time, before it gets adopted.
4. Of course, the best possible option is to actually ADOPT animals.
5. Spread the word! There are many people who aren't aware that they COULD adopt their future pet, rather than buy it.
6. There are people who start projects in order to raise money to DONATE to shelters or other organizations, like our very own Tea of TeaPhotography with "The Shelter Project". You can support them or start a project of your own!
Here are links to some organizations that help animals and some shelters we recommend:arsofia.com/www.facebook.com/SouthCoastHum…www.wildriversanimalrescue.org…www.maryskittykorner.org/www.facebook.com/susiesseniord…www.rspcaleedsandwakefield.org…www.four-paws.org.uk/
Cats looking for a forever home:
Foster care is another great way to help shelter animals until they find their forever home! A few words about this series on animal welfare...
The idea for this project, as well as the first instalment came over 2 years ago. They were meant to be bi-monthly (coming out every OTHER month), and go alongside KiwiCocktail
's articles on Endangered animals. Needless to say, life got in the way and both series were dropped. I was in way over my head when I took this on, I was going to university and working at the same time (which is the sad reality for many, many people out there).
I tried to resume this at the end of 2015, so I could at least try and make it a yearly thing... but failed once more. Now I'm determined to finally get back to both these series and TRY and do them on some sort of regular basis. If I manage to put together even 3 more by the end of the year, I'll consider this a success.
I do have a vision of how I'd like this to work out, but I'm also open to any IDEAS and suggestions, so PLEASE feel free to leave them in the comments. If you've read all this, THANK YOU and I hope you enjoyed this!
I wish you a fantastic new year!